Antivirus Action is a notorious rouge anti-spyware program that can pose serious threat to your system if it gets access to it and is not dealt properly.
The Antivirus Action usually gets access to a system with the help of Trojans that may hide under the cover of a fake system scanner or a video codecs, which is needed to watch something through internet. Clicking on such alerts may allow these Trojans to sneak inside your computer and later the Trojan will download malware in your system which will initiate its activity soon after the system reboots.
Antivirus Action will start scanning your computer as soon as it gets access to the machine and will come up with hundreds of threats allegedly found in your system that in reality are nothing but fake system files. However, it is important for you to keep in mind that some of these files may also include some legitimate system files. Therefore, the recommendation is not to remove Antivirus Action reported files from the system.
Since Antivirus Action can pose serious threat to your computer, it is important to take necessary steps to get rid of this malicious program as soon as possible.
Automatic Antivirus Action Removal:
If you are looking at know security software that can fully remove Antivirus Action as well as stop future threats so you do not get infected again, we recommend downloading a copy of Spyware Doctor with Antivirus Here.
Online Antivrus Action Removal:
If you need expert help we can recommend two great solutions. The first is http://www.pcninja.com. This is a remote computer repair company based in California.
The second is a company that is overseas and therfore a little cheaper. However you will be dealing with someone who does not speak english as a native language. check out Tee Support Here
Remove Antivirus Action Manually:
Now to get rid of Antivirus Action, you need to stop the following process first:
- C:\Documents and Settings\\%Your User Name%\Local Settings\Application Data\[random characters]\[random characters]agnz.exe
Vista / Windows 7 Users
- C:\Users\%Your User Name%\AppData\Local\[random characters]\[random characters]agnz.exe
In order to stop this process, you can browse to the file location and re-name the file. Another option is to download a process killer application. You will find such a tool here at www.removevirus.org. This website will provide you with the necessary information and tips about how to get rid of Antivirus Action.
Registry Removal Procedures for Antivirus Action
You will need to remove the following settings and keys too in order to remove this rogue program completely out of your system. Please note that the references included below are solely for educational purposes. The normal users are firmly advised to use an antivirus program to remove and or edit the registry items that got infected:
- KEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAntivirus Action
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “Antivirus Action”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallAntivirus Action
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftware[random characters]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerPhishingFilter “Enabled” = “0”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyOverride” = “”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1:33921”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyEnable” = “1”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “[random characters] gnz.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “[random characters]agnz.exe”
You should run a full virus scan with Spyware Doctor with Antivirus to ensure you have removed all the needed registry traces..
Antivirus Action Directories:
- Vista and Windows 7 Users: %User%\AppData\Local\[random characters ]\
- XP Users: %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Local Settings\Application Data\[random characters ]\
Deleting Antivirus Action manually is a complicated procedure and therefore not recommended for everyone (unless you are genuine computer geek!). In order to get the job done safely, inexperienced users are recommended to take the assistance of http://www.pcninja.com, which is web-based repair service. You can also go for a legitimate antivirus software like Spyware Doctor with Antivirus for a safe and complete removal of Antivirus Action.
If you can not connect to the internet on the infected computer to access the remote computer repair site we recommend you check out this Can’t Access the Internet After Virus Infection guide.
Remove Antivirus Action : By RemoveVirus.org