The Fissa.com virus belongs to the category of browser redirecting, it is designed to contaminate computers for the purpose of boosting website’s traffic, and also generate revenue to endless advertising without the consent of the users. When the Fissan.com virus has found a way to be installed on one computer, it has the ability to alter the user’s homepage as well as its search provider. When this is all done, the user will be eventually forced to use the browser hijacker when searching online. Once the user used the Fissan.com virus as their new search engine, instantly, the user may notice lots of sponsored links and advertisement popping to the search result.
Once you click the link of the ads, you will be redirected to websites that are promoting their products or services online. But you need to be sure if the products or services are true and worth your money. There are possibilities that Fissan.com may redirect you to harmful websites which may expose you to malware, pop-ups that have lots of marketing ads, coupons, deals and web pages that have discounts. This way the website can gain traffic, but also have the capability to save personal information by simply watching your online activities and tracking the browser cookies. This is the reason, you should remove it once your computer is infected by Fissan.com virus.
The Sign of Infection
- Your PC’s performance is slow compare than the previous days.
- The default homepage has been altered to Fissan.com without asking your permission.
- You’ll notice redirecting to ad website during search activities online.
- There are unwanted toolbars displayed in your browsers.
How does Fissa.com Virus Invade Your Computer?
- If you are accessing unknown/unwanted email attachments.You may think that they are legit email attachment and once you click it, it will download to your PC.
- When the threat rootkit infect your operating system, it created a folder or file where it enables it to work in your computer.
- Accessing freeware websites can also contribute to get the browser hijacker spread to your PC.
Manual Method to Remove Fissan.com
Step 1: Removal of Redirecting Fissan.com Virus from the Control Panel
- Find and click the Start and then, choose the Control Panel.
- Click the Uninall a program, this is under the Programs heading.
- Now you can see a list of the installed programs, find the redirecting virus and then click the Uninstall.
Step 2: Removal of Redirecting Fissan.com Virus on the Related Files and Registry.
- Go to the local disk C.
- Check if there are any files associated with the redirecting virus and then delete them.
- Hold and press together Windows key and R key, this will open the Run command box.
- Type the word “regedit” into the box and then click OK.
- Once the Registry Editor is open, find and delete these registry entries associated with the redirecting virus.
Step 3: Removal of Unwanted Add-on, Homepage and Search Engine
For Internet Explorer
- Open the IE, then click Tools (located on the top menu), choose the Manage Add-ons.
- Choose the Toolbars and Extensions tab (see on the left, and then find the unwanted ad-on.
- Choose the item and click Disable.
- Choose Search Providers tab, look for and remove/disable the Fissan.com search engine from the list.
- Click Tools again and choose Internet Options.
- Just under the General tab, delete those unwanted website URL, the one on the Home Page field, here type the one you preferred (in the field) and confirm the change you made.
For the Google Chrome
- Access the Google Chrome and then click the 3-bar icon (at the top-right).
- Choose the Settings (you’ll see from the drop down list).
- Click on the Extensions (left), this will display all the installed extensions.
- Look for and delete those unwanted add-on by clicking on the trash-can icon next to it.
- Then click the Settings (left).
- Look for the “On startup” and then, click the “Set pages”.
- Now, remove the unwanted url, and then enter the one you preferred and click OK, to save.
- On the same page, find and click the “Manage search engines… “.
- A window will appear, look for the unwanted search engine and click the X.
- Choose the search engine you preferred and click Done.
For the Mozilla Firefox
- Access Mozilla Firefox, and then click the menu of Firefox, choose Add-ons.
- Then choose the Extensions and Plugins (sidebar), find and remove/disable those unwanted add-on.
- Then click the Firefox menu again to choose Options.
- On the General tab, you need to delete the unwanted urls in the Home Page field, then type in the one you preferred, then click OK.
- Click the inverted triangle symbol (near the search box), then click “Manage Search Engines… “.
- Choose the search engine you don’t from the list and remove it.
You can download the free trial of Spyhunter for complete removal of Fissa.com.