During this phase, Setup:
- Creates the Setuplog.txt file in the root directory (C:).
- Identifies the drive where Windows 98 is being installed and the source drive where the Windows 98 installation files are located (drive assignment).
- Creates the C:Wininst0.400 temporary directory and copies Mini.cab to it. Mini.cab contains the mini-Windows program files required by Setup.
- Extracts all files in Precopy1.cab and Precopy2.cab to C:Wininst0.400. These are the files necessary to run Setup Wizard.
- Win98 Installation Planning
- How To Create A Windows Start Up Disk
- Installing Windows 98 – Getting Your CD Drive to Work for Installation
- How To Create A FAT32 Partition on Your Hard Drive
- Win98 Installation Drive Formating
- Win98 Installation
- Win98 Installation Phase 1
- Win98 Installation Phase 2
- Installing Windows 98 – Copying the Windows Files to Your Computer
- Restarting Your Computer After Installing Windows
- How To Do a Clean Installation of Win98 – Phase 5: Setting Up Hardware and Finalising
- Installing Windows 98 – Upgrading to Win98SE
- How to Update Microsoft Windows with Patches and Service Packs
- Win98 Driver Installation
- Win98 Installation Tuning