LocalLedge is simply an app that lets you connect with other people living in your locality or in your city and let you organize and share special events through the use of location based text messaging boards. The idea of LocalLedge is simple. The app can make you feel closer to home and communication on specific group is made easier and more focused.
So what are the specific useful features you can get from LocalLedge?
1. You can organize your group or participate with other local groups. Groups can include about anything like school organizations, college study groups, mother’s organization, PTAs, office team groups, or even neighborhood watch groups. Basically, you can create any group in your local area and you can make your chat in private or in public mode.
2. You can discover and share events that you would want people in your city to know such as grand reunions, parties, concerts, upcoming festivals, promo sales, and anything that people in your city could be interested to know.
3. You can create a chat group or ask permission to join a chat group which is very necessary when talking about issues that is happening in your community.
4. If you are running a business, you can also create a ledge and make it public and tell people about your products or services, promos and events that can eventually help out your local business gain recognition from around town.
5. You can spread the word for just about anything like games, community clean up drives, or any events you want people in your community to participate.
The App can be downloaded from the PlayStore at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cst.apps.localledge
Basically, a Ledge is a digital community board where you can communicate or check events that are happening within your set radius which you can adjust from 20 ft up to 20 miles. The app will find your location and will base your position through your text and follow your set distance. For example, if you want to know the upcoming sales events for a certain retail store 10 miles from your place, you can type the name of the store as your keyword. However, the store must also post its ad right on the LocalLedge for you and others to view.
Once your LocalLedge app is settled on your Android, you can see these three screens:
First screen is the Ledge screen. Here you will know how to create your own Ledge and can also search everything around you that have been posted by other Ledgers. You can also find public chat Ledges here and join chats. You can even see private chat Ledges here but chats are not viewable to the public.
Second screen is the Notifications screen. You can see here all the Ledges that you are subscribed to or have started. You can also find on this screen all the replies to your posts.
Third screen is the My Ledges Screen. This is your personal screen and will let you see all your ledges that you subscribed to or started. You can also add another group of Ledge here.
Since LocalLedge is based on location based text messaging, various kinds of chat Ledges are available.
Three different Kinds of Ledges Based on Text:
1. Public – Anyone can view, subscribe and chat in Public ledge. The chat threads are automatically deleted after 24 hours.
2. Protected – This also works like a Public Ledge but each Ledge is protected by the Ledger owner and you must request access or subscribe in order to join chat. The owner can also put the Protected Ledge in view to the public but there would be private options for chat.
3. Private – Chat is hidden from public views. You can search the name of the group but if you want to join the conversation, you must request access or get invitation from the Ledger owner. The owner can also kick you out or ban you from the Ledge. Chat threads here do not expire. You can also bring your public ledge chat to private.
How to create a Ledge
It’s easy to create a Ledge. Just enter your ledge name, add description and indicate if it’s private or public. You can also adjust your preferred distance anytime and input your keywords to let people find you quickly. Once you download the LocalLedge app, you can start to organize and join group and start your discussions.