To have the BIOS automatically detect the new drive and set its parameters you need to enter the Standard CMOS Setup category of the BIOS Setup and ensure that the IDE Master and Slave designations are correct for your current configuration.
If a Master or Slave device is set to Disable or None or a similar designation, change it as appropriate to Enable or Auto (or something similar, depending on your setup program).
Save the settings and exit the setup routine, allowing the system to boot from the startup disk
- Drive Installation Terminology
- CD-RW Installation Intro
- CD-RW Installation Configuration
- CD-RW Installation Mounting
- CD-RW Installation Connection
- CD-RW Installation Bios Setup
- CD-RW Burning Software
- CD-RW Installation Optimization
- Floppy Installation Intro
- Floppy Installation Mounting
- Floppy Installation Connection
- Floppy Drive Installation BIOS Setup