Categorized as a browser hijacker and PUP/Potentially Unwanted Program, is what Omiga Plus is. Once installed, with or without your permission through the freeware you’ve access. It creates a place in your computer system and make it comfortable by changing your search engine and set as your homepage as well. When this happens, the horrors of the users begin! You’ll begin to experience several advertisements and other sponsored links as you do your browsing activity. This is its URL : http//searches.qone8.com or http://isearch.omiga-plus.com/?type=hp&ts=1404028662etc.
And no mater what you do, you can’t change your ‘Internet options’, since it had altered your registry settings. This means you need to remove it from your computer system files and registry too.
The easiest way to remove Omiga plus from your computer is to install and antivirus client. This has the added benefit of protecting your computer so you do not get infected again. We like Spyhunter which can be downloaded here
What are the capabilities of Omiga Plus, when installed in your computer system?
• As soon as it got installed in our computer, it can modify your default settings of your browser. This includes the Registry Firewall, DNS Settings, Background color, Privacy Settings, even as your browser homepage and your search engine can turn to unwanted web sites.
• It can also create corrupt registry, malevolent files, and redirect you to harmful links and task.
• It has the ability to work with any operating systems such as Windows XP/Vista/7 and 8.
• It can slow down your computer speed due to several plugins installed automatically with your web browsers.
• Although, omiga plus is not actually a malware or a virus. Due to the malicious traits that comes with it, like the rootkit, where it has a capability to get into your operating system.
How can your computer get infected by this browser hijacker?
• This software can infect if this came from corrupted websites and then installed in your system.
• Get installed through spam email attachments.
• Through media downloads.
• By means of social networks.
• You can also get them by clicking some malicious sites, adds or especially those opened unknown downloaded files.
It is best to pay close attention as you read all terms and condition when you are downloading software online. Avoid those third party software, and be cautious when you agree to install.
It is important to remove Omiga Plus from your computer so below are the manual steps how to resolve this:
• Find and click the Start button, then choose the Control Panel.
• For those Using Windows 7, 8 or Vista – Click the Programs, then go to Uninstall a Program or Program and Features.
• For users of Windows XP, click the Add/Remove Programs.
• A window will be displayed and you’ll see the listed programs installed in your computer.
• Choose and Uninstall Omiga Plus from this window.
• You can also uninstall from this list the programs that are suspicious. If you have detected the unwanted programs unisntall them immediately.
Below are the files you need to remove:
- Omiga plus Software
- privacy safe gaurd
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- WebCake 3.0
- unfriend checker
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs which are not listed here.
1. Windows short cuts for Removal of Omiga Plus
- For the shortcut of Internet Explorer, right-click and then do the left click on the properties option. This will get you to the shortcut of the properties.
- Press the shortcut tab, then locate and delete this link, http://isearch.omiga-plus.com/?type=hp&ts=1404028662etc, from the target field.
- You also need to remove the URL, http://isearch.omiga-plus.com/?type=hp&ts=1404028662etc
- To all browser’s shortcuts such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari- Repeat the above steps in all the locations like the Desktop/ Start-menu/Task-bar
- Delete the Omiga Plus from the start menu shortcuts and task bar shortcuts
2. Remove the Omiga Plus from Internet Explorer
- On Homepage => Open the Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu (to activate the menu bar, press F10), and then select the Internet Option (then a configuration page will open). Click the General Tab and under the Home Page Edit box, find the www.searches.qone8.com or “http://isearch.omiga-plus.com/, you need to replace it with www.google.com and then click on the Apply button and close.
3. Add-ons of Omiga Plus – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer, go to Tools Menu (to activate the menu bar, press F10 key once), click the Internet Option (then a configuration page will appear).
- Choose the Programs tab, and then click the Manage Add-ons, this will take you to a window that have the list of installed add-ons.
- Next, you need to disable the Omiga Plus add-on, along with the other unwanted/unknown add-ons from the list you are looking at.
4. Resetting the Internet Explorer
- Again, open your Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu (press F10 to activate the Menu bar), choose to click the Internet Option, after that an Internet option will be displayed.
- For users of IE0 or IE10, you can click the Gear icon, and next click on tools.
- Select the Advanced tab, and hit the Reset button.
- A new pop-up for confirmation, just click the mark Delete Personal Setting, then choose to click the Reset button .
- This time your Internet Explorer has been Restored to the default settings.
- A window display stating ‘complete all the task’, when this appears, click close button.
5. Remove the Omiga Plus for Mozilla Firefox
- On Homepage => Open the Mozilla Firefox, Click the Tools menu (if this doesn’t work, press F10 to activate the menu bar), then go to Options. Then a configuration will be displayed, click the General Tab and find the first section page called as Startup. Under the window of Startup, locate a Home Page Edit Box. Within the edit box you will see www.searches.qone8.com or http://isearch.omiga-plus.com, replace this with www.google.com, click the apply and close button.
- Restart the Firefox.
6. Omiga Plus add-ons Removal
- Again, open the Firefox and proceed to the Tools menu (Press 10 to activate the Menu Bar), click the Add-ons, then a page will appear where you need to click the Extensions (you can see this at the left side of the pane), While at the right side pane, you can see all the installed add-ons listed. You need to Disable or Remove Omiga Plus Add-ons, together with the unwanted/unknown add-ons.
7. Resetting Mozilla Firefox.
- When the Firefox is open, go to the Help Menu or Press F10 to activate the Menu bar.
- On the Help Menu, click Troubleshooting Information.
- You can also open this page by Opening the Firefox and entering the command on the address bar such as “about:support” then click enter key.
- Once you are on the Troubleshooting Information page, this is where you can reset Firefox option (which is on the right side of the page).
- Click the Reset Firefox option and follow the instruction on this part.
- This time, your Mozilla Firefox is restored to the default settings.
8. Removal of Omiga Plus from Google Chrome
- Unwanted Homepage and Search Engine from Google Chrome => Access the Google Chrome and click the option icon (this is at the upper rightmost part of the browser), go to Settings, then it will take you to the configuration page.
- On the Configuration page, locate the Open a Specific page or set page option, click the Set Pages. After that, another window will appear and you’ll see a bunch of URLs under Set pages. Here, Delete all of me and then enter the home page you preferred.
- After that, On the same Configuration page, click the Manage search engine button. Then, Delete All the listed search engines and leave www.google.com as our default SE.
9. Removal of Unwanted Extensions for Google Chrome
- Access Google Chrome, go to the menu icon of Chrome at the upper right-side of the window. Then click Tool and next is the Extension.
- This will take you to the configuration page, where the installed extensions are listed. Here you can remove the Omiga Plus extensions and those unwanted/unknown extensions. Click the remove icon.
10. Reset Google Chrome
- You need to close all the Google Chrome windows.
- Hold together the Window Key and R on you keyboard, to activate the Run box.
- For Windows XP => Copy and Paste this command “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default” in the box.Then click the OK button. This will give you the Google Chrome profile locations in Windows Explorer.
- For Windows 7, Vista,8: Copy and Paste this command: “%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default, in the Run Box, next click OK. You can get a profile in Google Chrome location of Windows Explorer.
- For the location of the default folder, Rename a file, which is named as Preferences to Preferences.old.
- Just right-click on the Preference File and then click on the rename option, then it will take you to the edit box of the Preference file. Then rename the text Preferences to Preferences.old.
- On the same folder, rename one more file,which is named as Web data to Web Data.Old.
- Restart Google Chrome and to restore its default settings.
This threat may not be the easiest to remove manually but the above directions work as we have used them several times already on test computers. As mentioned once already in this guide we do recommend you install and antivirus client so this does not happen again. We recommend spyhunter which can be downloaded here.
I did all those steps already.
Still my browsers start up with Omiga plus.
And I have deleted all unwanted or suspicious apps, deleted history and browser and stuff, actually everything here informed…
Well that didn’t work as it is not where to be found and not even in registry. Control panel> add remove programs it will not let me remove it, separate window comes up and says you cannot remove. It is not in home pages as i have removed it from there and yet it keeps coming up as home page, is this fricken virus evolving as it is a complete pain in the butt.
adwcleaner and combofix . Then download Spyhunter and run an AV scan to ensure everything is gone.
Been there done that and still it comes up as home page. I even have full version of hijack this and revo uninstaller, malware, did av scan and still it comes up in home page even though it is gone.
You re-set your browser as the guide suggested? Have you removed all Add-ons?
I know Spyhunter “Paid Version” works to remove this threat as I personally tested it against OmigaPlus. However as you already know, threats do mutate.
I know a good remote computer repair company that can get you sorted but the cost is going to be at least $129. It’s pcninja.com and they know focus only on virus removal.
Personally I think you are close to solving this but you are missing a step along the lines.
I got rid of it out of registry and everywhere else it was, however I re-started and there it was again. What i did was UN-instill Firefox and re-install and all gone but not from IE, but do not use that at all. What is the step I am missing?
Without you detailing the steps you already took I would not be able to say. If you have not done so already run the Spyhunter scan and see what traces of the program it finds. You can always manually delete what it finds with out making a purchase.
I also had to de-installed from control panel first.
No matter how many times I reset the homepage it still came up as omiga.
Today I went to help then went to reset firefox back to as installed at beginning and this worked.
After I finished this It seems to have worked.
I haven’t checked chrome but
I checked registry entries still were lots there and deleted anything with omiga in the name while I was at it.
seems to have fixed firefox.
do u have crack of spyhunter