The AMD 750 chipset consists of two physical devices: the AMD-751 system controller and the AMD-756 peripheral bus controller.
The key features of the AMD-751 system controller are:
- Support for the AMD Athlon system bus interface, the first 200MHz system bus for x86 system platforms
- System logic architecture optimised for the seventh-generation AMD Athlon processor
- PCI 2.2 compliant bus interface with support for 6 PCI masters
- Support for up to 768MB of PC-100 SDRAM DIMM memory
- Compliant with AGP 2.0 specs for 1x and 2x AGP modes
- Optimised to deliver enhanced AMD Athlon processor system performance .
The key features of the AMD-756 peripheral bus controller are:
- Enhanced master mode IDE controller with Ultra DMA-33/66 support
- Support for Plug-n-Play, ACPI 1.0 and APM 1.2 power management standards
- PC97 compliant PCI to ISA bridge and integrated ISA bus controller
- Integrated OHCI-compliant USB controller with root hub and four ports
- Support for legacy style mouse/keyboard controller