ADT is one of the oldest home security companies out there. They have a proven track record of reliability on equipment and high marks for quality of service. In an emergency ADT’s live monitoring team knows what to do and goes to all lengths to ensure you and the police, fire department and medical services are notified as quickly as possible.
Video Review For ADT
ADT works with residential and commercial properties and has several types of alarm systems that can be put into place depending on the customers needs. They know that 1 package does not fit all needs and customers can walk through with an agent to find the service that is right for their individual needs.
I can’t stress the importance of having reliable home security equipment. I set up my own DYI system and it was an expensive one but in the end I could not get everything to work as the maker said it would. ADT already knows what equipment works best and how to properly set things up and this for me is vital. If you start with bad hardware the best you are looking at is sub par results. Everything needs to play nice together to work 100% of the time.
ADT Pricing Schedule
There are different plans with different prices. For instance not all packages will have fire monitoring. Having my house burn down as a child I can tell you just how important this is because a small fire can turn into a big fire in a matter of seconds.
What I do LOVE about ADT is if you sign a contract for monthly monitoring service you can pay just $99 for installation and get $850 worth of home security equipment. Basically the hardware cost you get for free covers the first year of monitoring service or close to it.
This typical hardware package for $850 comes with two door and window sensors which you will probably need more of so expect to pay an additional fee if you have more Windows you need secure.
Some other quick hardware notes
- Premium digital touchpad. This is the command panel that allows you to set the alarm and chirps when doors open and close. It also is how you can communicate with emergency dispatch.
- Motion detector.Detects motion inside the house. It is smart enough to detect pets and know the difference in most cases. You may need to have the motion detectors adjusted for larger animals.
- A wireless keychain remote control. This lets you disarm or arm your system remotely. It also includes a panic button which is kind of cool
- Indoor siren. If there is a break in the siren will sound and you will know instantly. This generally will scare off any intruder. ADT monitoring will also immediately call you and emergency services when needed.
- Yard sign and decals for your windows. It’s been said that just having the decals that there is an alarm can reduce home invasions greatly.
- Power supply and 24-hour battery. If the power goes out you still will be protected for 24 hours.
What can Be monitored
- Burglar Monitoring
- Fire Monitoring
- Emergency Monitoring
- Carbon Monoxide Monitoring
- Flood Monitoring
Just because all of this can be monitored does not mean you have to sign up for all of the monitoring services. Not everything is included in all packages. You can customize this to reduce your monthly cost.
- Wireless & Hardwired Systems
- Keychain remote access
- 24 hour monitoring
- Call Today, Installed Tomorrow!
- May Get Up To 20% Homeowners Insurance Discount
- Custom Text Message Alerts
- Professional Installation
I do like ADT and pctechguide.com does give them 2 thumbs up. You can speak with a live agent at 866-523-3872
The monthly cost for ADT monitoring is about the lowest in the industry. This is great for those who are more price sensitive like me.