The AMD Radeon R9 285, is the graphic card designed to meet the demand on maximum playing PC games better and faster like no other card.
- This graphic card is charged with the most recent Graphic Core Next (GCN) architecture.
- It also has the mixed screen resolution and orientation for AMD Eyefinity technology.
- It has the support for DirectX®12 and AMD’s groundbreaking Mantle API.
The Graphic Core Next (GCN) architecture
Performance.The fundamental changes in GPU design along the DirectX 12 support, is developed to give great gaming and high computing performance. The GCN is the latest approach which is designed to bring the limits of DirectX gaming at the same time, with the first AMD’s GCN Architecture that can deliver for the general computing process. While the excellent AMD’s graphics, the GCN GPUs have the ability to carry the traditional programming languages and workloads (which in earlier times are only done by the main processor). All these working together, gives the potential and turning the real-world performance when it comes to the gaming experience.
The Image Quality. Another, features that gamers are looking forward is the image quality which comprises of clarity, accuracy of textures, and effects give significant part when it comes to the gaming experience of the users. As the GCN Architecture can provide with the three main technologies which can deliver the display features for the users to enjoy.
- The Partially Resident Textures (PRT). This is the radical technology, which has the goal to break the traditional cycles of reusing and repeating textures, these are commonly noticed on the grounds and background designs (because the physical size or number of textures can give negative effect on the GPU).This means that PRT has the capability to handle the large texture files, (up to 32 tera) on the minimum performance.This is done by streaming the small bits of the massive textures into the GPU (as needed), as a result, the virtual compatibility of games are endless for it can supply the unique data texture which can be applied to the gaming world.PRT can change, the gaming experience in the future to handle the ultra-high resolution in textures using the small present performance and frequent repetition on textures.
- Improved Anisotropic Filtering (AF). For every GPU, the anisotropic filtering is a method that can assist the GPU for creating textures which are always sharp (even on distant part). Players are already provided with the AMD Catalyst driver suite option which can enable to apply anisotropic filtering to all games.
- Improved DirectX 11 Tessellation. The game developer understands the that DirectX 11 needs improvement, so Tessellation is born. This is the type of effect where it can generate an extra detail in a scene in the process.
Efficiency. Of course, it is also the main goal of the developer that with the great image and performance don’t go with costly power bills. As the GCN Architecture features the reduction of energy consumption during idle mode. The AMD ZeroCore Power Technology practice the power efficiency to the desktop (where the GPU has the ability to lower its power consumption when the monitor is off).
The AMD Mantle is an innovation when it comes to graphics API, this can transform development of the game world for a better and faster game on computers. The developers created a program that can directly talk to the GPU with lesser translation, as a resulting to Mantle technology. AMD Mantel helps to reduce the CPU’s workload, and can squeeze more performance, creating much benefit in the gaming system.
The Ultra-Resolution Gaming on AMD Eyefinity Technology. Imagine a multi-display for productivity, gaming and entertainment. This technology expands the limitations of the traditional PC display. Using multiple monitors, your gaming experience will become captivated as where workstations can be more useful and productive